By Jamie Pickering, DTM, District Director
Information below sent to members from Toastmasters International.
June 26, 2020
World Headquarters is receiving a high volume of requests about the end of the Toastmasters year, and the end of the traditional education program. At this time, we are prioritizing the education award applications that we are receiving above almost everything else. Rest assured, your email is important to us and will be answered as quickly as possible. Our auto-reply email indicates that we have received your email and confirms a date stamped submission.
Below are some current frequently asked questions that may help to review as we work to respond to your email:
Awards that have been submitted to us:
- Please do not resend the application. This creates confusion, additional work, and potentially multiple awards processed for the same member.
- As long as the application is complete, we will process applications based on the day they were received. Award applications received on June 30 will be credited to the member and the club as of June 30, even if processed in July.
Finding the awards that your club has submitted:
- Club dashboards show your club’s DCP Goals.The dashboards update 24–48 hours after awards are completed in Club Central. Search for your club here: http://dashboards.toastmasters.org/.
- The Educational Achievements (current year) found in the Daily Reports (http://dashboards.toastmasters.org/UpdateReports.aspx) list all awards submitted this year for each member, club, and District. Note that if a member has requested that their name not show in reports, it will be listed as “Name unavailable” with their ID number.
- Looking for an award that is not showing somewhere—here are the most common reasons:
- It is showing in Base Camp but not on the dashboards—awards must be submitted in both Base Camp (approved by a Base Camp manager) and in Club Central. These are two separate steps. Any active club officer can enter the award in Club Central.
- It was submitted in Club Central, but it is not showing on the dashboard—part of the DCP rules include the following: a club can receive credit for one award type, per member, per year. A Pathways level—no matter the path type—is considered to be the same type.
Submitting award applications:
- All awards can be submitted through Club Central except the High Performance Leadership award (Leadership Excellence award) and the Distinguished Toastmaster award (using Pathways criteria only—the traditional DTM can be submitted online):
- Once submitted through Club Central, an award will show on the dashboards in 24–48 hours.
- Looking to use a club coach or District leadership role that will complete
on June 30, 2020:
- Must be submitted to the Education Services teams via World Headquarters, as it cannot be processed online. You may hold these completed roles until next year due to the extension granted for the High Performance Leadership project, Advanced Leader Silver (ALS), and the Distinguished Toastmaster award using the traditional education program criteria. Find more information here: Dues Renewal Extension—Message for club officers.
- Current coaches, if your club will be Distinguished or better and you wish to use the successful Coach or District officer credit for an ALS in this program year, you must submit the completed award application to email@example.com, no later than June 30, 11:59:59 p.m. Mountain Time. Late or incomplete submissions cannot be accepted.
- If a member does not intend to use the coach credit towards the ALS award in this program year, no further action is required at this time. The member will be credited for their successful coach role automatically, in July, and can use the credit towards an award in the future.
- High Performance Leadership (HPL) or Leadership Excellence Certificate (LDREXC):
- You can email us the application as an attached PDF or image to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can fax us the application at +1 303-799-7753.
- Please include the application and the completed page:
Presenting the Results.
- Club Central errors:
- Please be patient as our systems may become taxed, and online programs may run slower than expected.
- Please be sure that all required fields are filled —including the phone number.
As a reminder, members who have not yet paid their April renewal dues were granted a Base Camp access extension until June 30, 2020. If these unpaid members do not pay their renewal dues by June 30, they will lose access to Base Camp and no longer be listed on the club roster as of July 1.
Club Member and Support
This message has been sent to district directors, program quality directors, club growth directors, club presidents, club secretaries, vice presidents education, vice presidents membership and region advisors.