|All presidents and secretaries should have received information by now from Toastmasters International advising how to assign your proxy for the Annual Business meeting to be held on Saturday, August 15. Here is letter that was emailed by Toastmasters International July 5, 2018.
Dear Toastmasters Club President and Club Secretary,
Your club has important votes to cast during the Annual Business Meeting at the Toastmasters International Convention. Clubs will vote to elect international officers and directors to the 2018-2019 Board of Directors as well as Proposal A: an amendment to the Bylaws of Toastmasters International. Please plan to attend on Saturday, August 25, at 7 a.m. in the Skyline Ballroom at McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois.
To learn and understand the roles, attributes and responsibilities, please review the Leadership Roles.
As stated in the Bylaws of Toastmasters International, Article X, Section 1, a Toastmasters club in good standing is entitled to two votes at the Annual Business Meeting. To make your club’s vote count, assign your proxy and cast your votes in one of three ways:
1. Send a delegate from the club who is attending the Annual Business Meeting to carry your club votes.
2. Designate a 2018-2019 district director to act as your club proxy. If (and only if) the district director is not in attendance, the next senior district officer attending the Annual Business Meeting will act as your club proxy.
3. Designate an active member from another club to act as your club proxy.
NOTE: The Club President or Club Secretary must assign the club votes. If the votes are not assigned, they cannot be cast. Votes must be assigned even if you are assigning the votes to yourself.
To assign the club votes, go to www.toastmasters.org/clubcentral, log in, choose the club(s) you are assigning proxies for and click on Club Proxy.
Once your club proxy is assigned, please advise the proxyholder to do the following:
1. Visit Credentials to obtain an electronic voting device prior to the Annual Business Meeting. The electronic voting device will not be distributed after the close of Credentials on Thursday, August 23, at 6 p.m. Your convention registration badge is required to receive a voting device.
Credentials will be open:
Tuesday 5 to 9 p.m.
If you are not registered for the convention but wish to attend the Annual Business Meeting to cast your votes, you will still need to visit Credentials to obtain a voting device. You cannot vote during the Annual Business Meeting without a device.
2. Attend the Annual Business Meeting to cast your votes. You must be present during the meeting to cast your votes using the voting device. Voting devices must be collected after the meeting.
If the officers in your club have changed, please notify World Headquarters immediately by going to the club business section of Club Central on the Toastmasters International website. You can also email the changes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Member Engagement and Support department at +1 702-439-5050.
Don’t miss the opportunity to interview international officer and director candidates prior to the Annual Business Meeting. To help you cast your vote for the best candidate, refer to these recommended questions to ask the candidates.
For questions or additional information, please email email@example.com or visit www.toastmasters.org/proxyquestions to review the Proxy Frequently Asked Questions.