Saturday, November 16, 2013
What can we say? If you were not there, you missed a great event! District 25 received hundreds of nominations for our Outstanding Officers for the period of January – June 2013. Thanks to the members on the Outstanding Officer Awards Committee for spending a great many hours reviewing the nominations. Time was a factor in getting this completed and we want to especially thank them for their prompt feed back.
Here are our winners:
- President – Elizabeth White, Lake Vista Toastmasters
- Vice President Education – Rebecca Harvey, Airport Toastmasters
- Vice President Membership – Judy Hearn, ARBOR Toastmasters
- Vice President Public Relations – Brendon Payne, Northwest Tarrant TM
- Secretary – John Blesi, Arlington Nooners
- Treasurer – Gary Samuelson, Las Colinas Communicators
- Sergeant at Arms – Mathew Valastro, Sabre Classic
Our new 2013-14 focus “Looking Forward, Giving Back” involves helping new members look forward to see the benefits of a long journey in Toastmasters and experienced Toastmaster members giving back by mentoring and motivating new members.
The three club winners in the drawing are Waco Early Birds, Clearly Speaking Toastmasters and The Voice. $75 TM store certificates were given to the winning clubs.
We also honored Dream Team Members that helped new members achieve their goals and to see the benefits of a long journey in Toastmasters.
Dream Team Members winning the drawing were Joyce Trimble, Diana Patton and Chuck Mencke. Dream Team winners each received $75 TM store certificates.
This is just a few of the awards presented at the awards luncheon. Check out our D25 website for pictures and information of all the happenings at this event.
Hope to see you at the Spring Conference.
District 25 Awards Chair